And by the way, everything in life is writable about if you have the outgoing guts to do it, and the imagination to improvise. The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt. ~Sylvia Plath

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Stir Crazy Jones Family

I love it when winter comes around.  The cool, crisp air, the snow flurries.  I especially love the scarves, gloves, hats and boots.    So far, this is not as much fun as it has been in years past though.  We have had a lot of wet, rainy cold weather which leaves all of us stuck in the house.

November was not such a problem for me because it was National Novel Writing Month time. Nanowrimowrymo, as bill calls it.   I spent all of November writing my novel, and yes, it came easier this year than it did the year before.   I was surprised at how well my characters came alive once I started writing.   All I can say is, if you didn't try and write something this year, you should try next year.   It is a really, really great challenge, and so much fun!

Now that December has hit, I am officially stir crazy, and so are the kids.  I want to get out and do something active.   There is always the mall, but it has been extra crazy there since everyone and their mother is shopping.   I can go to the library, but that is not active.  I need suggestions of places that are not too costly,that we can go play, and exert some energy.   Any ideas?

4 comments:

  1. Jungle Java? I know it costs, but other than McDonald's, I am not sure what else there is, other than open swim at the Costick Center, which also costs money.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't mind it costing SOME money, but I need something we can do regularly to get out. :) A few other people suggested: dance parties, family yoga, and stuff like that which I can do at home for free!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you see today's Groupon (67% discount at a place called "Pump It Up")? I don't know if that's something along the lines of what you were thinking, but you have 6 hours left to get it if you want it! :)
    http://www.groupon.com/detroit/
    -Kyla

    ReplyDelete