And by the way, everything in life is writable about if you have the outgoing guts to do it, and the imagination to improvise. The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt. ~Sylvia Plath

Saturday, January 3, 2015

On bended knee

Sometimes the days feel brittle hollow.   They are dry and grey.  I stumble around searching for relief, searching for grace.  I fall to my knees on these days.    Bending in a state of thankfulness.   A bold and wonderful move, to fall on my knees, despite the situation, despite the trials, despite the circumstances.  And not always easy to do.  It is easy to just get through and push forward.  It is easy to forget to give thanks.

I hope that I always remember to fall on to my knees no matter how weary I am feeling.   To thank the Lord, the giver of ALL things.  My Protector, my Provider, my Strength.  The one who made my knees to bend, and my heart to yield.  He created me to be a temple to serve Him.   A woman to sing His praises!

I admit that the last week has been trying.  I feel wilted like the leaves of a flower under the hot summer sun, tired and restless all at the same time.  But something happens as I continue to choose to pray first, something shifts.  The light streams through the window- a glimmer of hope, a reminder that this to shall pass.   A feeling of grace and love, changes the world from darkness to light.  A reminder that sometimes blessings come from the strangest of places, the strangest of days, and the darkest of hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment