And by the way, everything in life is writable about if you have the outgoing guts to do it, and the imagination to improvise. The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt. ~Sylvia Plath

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Setbacks

It is hard when you hit your first setback, or your second.  It is even hard when you hit your third setback.   I cannot pretend to comprehend what setback I am on at this point.  I thought I couldn't write 50,000 words, I knew for sure I couldn't do it in a month.  I thought I would never come up with an idea for a second, or a third novel.  I thought I would not be able to edit, or add enough to make a novel that was actually readable.  Guess what?  I am doing it one step at a time.

My current setback:  Lack of motivation.  I admit it, I had an off week.  I wanted to clean my house,and spend time with my kids.  There was no draw to the computer calling me to the characters that I alone have created.  I didn't have ideas running through my head of new scenes to add, or insightful ideas.  I felt tired, drained, and literally exhausted.

The good news is I have vowed to once again get back on the editing wagon, and get this done so I can be ready to start my second novel in November!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so proud of you!!! I can't wait to see the finished product. Or even the semi-finished one. Or the not so finished at all one. :) Miss you.
    ~Erika

    ReplyDelete