And by the way, everything in life is writable about if you have the outgoing guts to do it, and the imagination to improvise. The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt. ~Sylvia Plath

Monday, June 18, 2012

Birthday Blues? Not here.

It is the eve of my 31st birthday, gasp.  I am not 29, or 30.  As of tomorrow I am "in my thirties."  I know that a lot of people would be freaking out, or feeling old.  I have a few friends who upon turning 30 cleaned everything out of their lives.  I had an amazing 30th birthday.  My family and friends blew me away with their generosity and their kindness.  I was not all introspective or wondering about the next phase in my life.  I was actually totally fine with turning 30.  I did not clean out my closet, or my life.

This year, I am not freaking out, but I am more introspective.  When faced with the question where are you going to be in 5 years for the first time I am not sure.  I am done having babies, I have three gorgeous daughters, and in 5 years Claire will be in school.  What will I be doing?  There are so many answers...I decided to revisit my list of things to do that I made on New Year's eve 2011.  The list needs updating, and what better time to update than on my almost birthday?

Here is a new list for the next phase of my life.  The things I am looking forward to in my 30s:

1.  Take a few workout classes outside my house.  One can only take so many dvds, it is time to take a few classes!  Zumba or yoga here I come!
2.  Edit my novel (one of them) so I can present it to someone.  I have a goal of 10 pages a week.  I can do this!
3.  Get my body back.  No more being pregnant, and nursing soon.  Not that I didn't enjoy it, I LOVED it.  But I am also excited for this next phase.
4.  Go on a mission trip before I am 40.
5.  Sew a quilt, or blanket from the baby clothes.
6.  Live my life with intention, and be a light.  Enjoy all the moments, big and small.
7.  Read the books in my house that I have not read yet, I have a goal that I have to read 2 books before I buy one.  That way I read the multitude I have here!
8.  Go rock climbing.
9.  Lead a small group of either women, or teenagers,or couples. I am not picky.
10.  Find the perfect little black dress.



I am sure there are more goals that I will come up with but for now this is what is off the top of my head.

:)








1 comment: