And by the way, everything in life is writable about if you have the outgoing guts to do it, and the imagination to improvise. The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt. ~Sylvia Plath

Saturday, November 9, 2013

The post where I can feel my wrists again

I did it.   I finished Nano (National Novel Writing Month) in one week.   I cannot believe how much determination it took to get it done.   My best time before was 10 days.  While I am happy to say that I blew that time out of the water.  I also have to say that finishing 50k words in one week was crazy hard.

My story is not entirely complete, but it is almost there.  But don't worry you won't get to read it anytime soon because then I have to begin the tiresome project of editing.  Editing is the part that I do not enjoy.  I am currently working on an editing plan, one that does not involve me neglecting everything else in my life, but will allow me to edit more effectively.

November is a month that I take a little bit more.  It is a month where the extra projects that I like to do around the house go to the wayside.  It is a time when I get to be a little bit selfish, and take time to myself.  Time to myself is something I am not always good at taking.

I am extremely lucky and thankful for my husband.   My husband not only ignores the little bit of extra mess, but he continually tells me how proud he is of me for taking the time to write.   I could never do what I do in November without his help.   He helps me when I need ideas, he helps with the kids, and when I feel like my brain has shut down he is there to push me to write a few thousand more words.

I will write some more this month.  I am determined to finish the end of my novel, but for tonight I am going to sit and enjoy the fact that I met my goal.  



No comments:

Post a Comment