And by the way, everything in life is writable about if you have the outgoing guts to do it, and the imagination to improvise. The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt. ~Sylvia Plath

Thursday, January 1, 2015

New Year

It is quiet in the house this morning.  A welcoming fresh, new awakening to the year.   My girls walk with padded footsteps in their pajamas slowly down into the morning light.  No one seems to be in a hurry to do anything or go anywhere.  It feels peaceful.

I sit on the couch spending the first quiet moments of my morning in prayer, and in solitude.   This is the way I want to spend the first moments of today.  These moments are the perfect start to a new year. 

The new year is often filled with lofty goals, and hopes for a brighter future.  A fresh start.   A new beginning.  I can think of a lot of things I want to do better this year, to change, to make new.  But as I glance down at the blank pages of my new prayer journal I cannot think of anything I am more excited for than this.

 I cannot wait for the moments of praise.  The moments of thanksgiving.  I cannot wait for the pages to be filled with prayer, and reflection.  I am so excited  to find out all the things that God will reveal to me in the next year.    The pages are all open opportunities.   

The pages are waiting to be filled with moments of life traveled with God.  I know that some of the moments will be hard, some of them life altering.  I know that some of the moments will be great and filled with joy.    It does not matter what the moments are, just that they are waiting for me.


“ And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.”  Colossians 3:17

No comments:

Post a Comment