And by the way, everything in life is writable about if you have the outgoing guts to do it, and the imagination to improvise. The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt. ~Sylvia Plath

Friday, January 9, 2015

Ponderings

I am sitting in my family room which is blessedly quiet at the moment.  It is rare that no one is  talking,  moving, or asking me to return to the kitchen where I spend most of my waking moments.  

It was a long week, a busy week.   I find myself looking back wondering if I  appreciated all of the small moments, before realizing that I cannot even remember what the small moments of the week were.   I am not using that as a complaint.  Not at all.  For all it's busyness this week was incredible.  

I just wanted to take a moment to share the 5 things I am most thankful for this week. I wanted to look back through the busyness and savor a few of the small moments.  (They are in no particular order.)

1.  Heat.  Every single time I walk into my house out of the frigid cold air, I am reminded of how immeasurably lucky we are to have heat, and a house.   It is not always easy to remember to be thankful for something that seems so common, but I am.  It is amazing.

2.  My new journal.  Every year I keep a prayer journal.  I fill it with thoughts and prayers, and happenings in my life.  I love cracking open the spine on a new journal and starting to fill it with memories.

3.  Out of the mouths of babes.  My daughters were incredibly sweet this week each complimenting me out of the blue at different moments, and for different things.  It is in those moments that I feel so loved because I know that they really mean it.  

4.  Praise and worship.  Bill and I got to lead praise and worship together for church this week for the first time together.  I know that it will be something I never forget.  There is something so amazing about being able to lead people in worship with your husband.  Samantha even said, her favorite part about this week was when we were rehearsing she got to fall asleep to the sound of my singing. My heart totally melted.

5.  Joy and Laughter.  This week was filled with so much laughter.  Bill and I had a few nights where we fell asleep smiling and laughing.  Samantha made me laugh so hard at her dancing I almost cried.  Phebe slipped in the kitchen (she was totally fine and that is why it was so funny.)  and she was laughing so hard at herself that she couldn't stand up.  I in turn, laughed and it took two of us giggling to get her off the floor.  Claire is joy in and of itself.  She makes me laugh a dozen times a day!  I love all the joy and laughter.  

They might not be big moments, but they are the important ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment