And by the way, everything in life is writable about if you have the outgoing guts to do it, and the imagination to improvise. The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt. ~Sylvia Plath

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Spring cleaning arrives a bit early

There is nothing better than the eminent arrival of Spring to make you want a cleaner house.  I have no idea why Spring makes me want to be cleaner.  I am already a very clean person.  My whole house is cleaned, scrubbed, dusted and disinfected every week.  But this week I am cleaning out all the closets, getting bags ready to be donated, reorganizing the toys, catching up on laundry and mending.   You name it, if I haven't had time to do it, or I lacked the motivation to do it over the winter, I am doing it now.  

I think that all of this cleanliness is also in preparation for my least favorite thing about Spring..  I love that in Spring the air warms up and that crisp, cold winter air slowly becomes warmer, more balmy.   I HATE the mud, everything in spring starts off so brown and muddy.   My kids drag it in the house, my dog drags it in the house, and I spend 2 long months cleaning the front room over and over again to get rid of the mud.  I have decided that I really need to clean out my garage so that we can set up a mud room in there this year.  I would love to have a place where my kids can hang up their snow clothes, and leave their boots before they come in the house.   I can see it now, the thought of a mud room makes me extremely happy.

This is all of course a preliminary to other things I do every spring like clean out all the kitchen cupboards and scrub the windows down inside and out, and of course wash the curtains and stuff.

I know it all sounds a little crazy, but I love it.   You know what they say, a clean home makes you happy, healthy and more productive.    Let's hope that the productiveness stays all summer long!

1 comment:

  1. I too love a clean house but hate how much work it takes to keep it clean. I desperately yearn for the days when my Mom did all the clean. Talk about a neat freak! She even ironed my Marian skirt! Haha. I used to get so mad when she would do that.

    ReplyDelete