And by the way, everything in life is writable about if you have the outgoing guts to do it, and the imagination to improvise. The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt. ~Sylvia Plath

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

A New Year's Blog

I love this time of year.  I love snow, and I love the cold.  I love that people get more cuddly, and that my kids want to stay in their pajamas every day.    I love how cold my kids cheeks get when they come in from outside, and I love making them hot chocolate.  Most of all this year, I love that my husband is working from home for the winter.  The extra time he has not driving to work has opened up a lot of opportunities for longer family dinners, breakfast together, and even yes a few quiet moments together on his lunch break when the kids are at school and Claire is napping.

Despite being warm and cozy in the house I have been going over my resolutions from the past few years and I decided I needed to make a new list.  First, I didn't even make one last year.  I know, I know, I shouldn't use being nine months pregnant with my third kid as an excuse.   But, that being said I was pretty much doing whatever I could last year to go into labor.  I didn't really have much time to think about what I was going to do with the rest of 2012.    I do have to say that I had the goal to "have a baby" on my New Year's list for several years and I actually did it!  That makes me smile.

My list of goals from 2011, I didn't accomplish everything, but I am getting on with most of them, and I am happy to announce that I have started off this year with a roaring success.  Yes, that is right.  I have made it two days.  :)

Here is my list of goals for the year:

1. Make it through my new devotional book, the whole year and on time.  This doesn't sound very hard, but I sometimes lose motivation, or interest and switch books halfway through the year.
2. Read at least 15 new books.
3.  Figure out how to use my new sewing machine.
4.  Finish one scrapbook.
5.  Be able to do 50 push-ups on my toes.  I can currently do 50 but not all in a row.  I can only do about 20-30 in a row on any given day and then I have to break before I continue.
6.  Enjoy the small moments with my kids everyday.
7.  Live with intention.
8.  Embrace my blogging.  Both this one, and the one that I secretly want to start in the back of my head.  The second one being reflections of my devotions, and journey with Christ.

:)  Happy New Year!

1 comment: