And by the way, everything in life is writable about if you have the outgoing guts to do it, and the imagination to improvise. The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt. ~Sylvia Plath

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Trust

Claire is sick right now and she is a sweet little cuddle bunny who is leaning on me, and cuddling with me all day.   She does get down in spurts, but she keeps looking over and reaching out to touch me and make sure that I am still there.   I love how sweet and trusting little babies are.  I am everything she needs right now.  There is nothing sweeter to a baby when she is sick than just sitting with her mom.   Claire is even still at the age where I am pretty perfect.   She doesn't know yet all the little flaws I have, and that no matter how hard I try I will never be the perfect parent.  I wasn't built to be perfect, but to be human.

I know that I will mess up, and I know that I will not always set the best example, but for now I am reveling in the fact that I am her place of rest.   I am eternally grateful that when I fail at what I do I know that she will always have a place of rest in God.    I love that I have, and she has, and everyone has the perfect parent.   A place of trust, and rest, that is unerring and unchanging that we can always turn to.

Wouldn't it be nice if as adults we could trust in God the way that a baby trusts in it's mother?  If we could depend on Him the way that Claire was depending on me this week? But it is so hard as adults to give trust.  We have so much baggage.  We think we can do everything on our own, and even when we trust that God can handle it we have days where we take everything back into our own hands.  There are always a few areas that we are not willing to let go.

Even the most devote, and the most engaged, and the most faithful hold things back sometimes.

God urges us to place everything in his hands, to trust.  Afterall, He knows what is best for us and He knows what our future holds.  So, what are you holding back?  What is it that you are still holding in your back pocket?  It is time to let it out and trust that it is safe to trust God with it.  Rest with God, your father, and trust that He has a plan for you.

 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord. "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."  Jeremiah 29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment