And by the way, everything in life is writable about if you have the outgoing guts to do it, and the imagination to improvise. The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt. ~Sylvia Plath

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Baking my way through the fall

I love the first few days of fall, the intricate mix of crisp air and crunchy leaves.  I love to leave the windows open and let the house get cold while I am cuddled under a blanket drinking tea.  Most people go through spring cleaning, while I tend to go through fall cleaning.  I like to reorganize my house, clean and bake, and cook, and in the process make things more homey.  

This year I really dove in, I had 3 closets reorganized, the whole house cleaned and then had 2 days of glorious baking.   I was not alone in this endeavor, Tania came over, and together we made snickerdoodles, pumpkin pie, apple cranberry pie, chocolate chip cookies, oatmeal raisin cookies and pumpkin pudding.   My house smells absolutely decadent, like cinnamon, pumpkin, cookies and butter.   

I was particularly proud of the dinner I made last night, a homemade tomato sauce with bowtie pasta that Bill tried and liked despite the fact that there were hunks of tomato in it.   I also, did not get ANY complaints from the kids which means it was a success!  

My next endeavor is going to by far be my best.  I am making a hop scotch cake for Phebe's birthday.  This particular cake is Martha Stewart, and looks particularly difficult.   I have to make my way around parchment paper, and all of a sudden know how to decorate a cake.  I am going to have to try one first before the party, but I will make it and I will be successful.   I may even post a picture of the finished cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment