And by the way, everything in life is writable about if you have the outgoing guts to do it, and the imagination to improvise. The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt. ~Sylvia Plath

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

On things I have to reprimand for, but actually think are hilarious

I am working today, and it is a good day.  There are things to get done, but I am not overwhelmed with tasks. Samantha is playing nicely, talking politely and remember to "hush when mommy is on the phone."   I admit it, I probably started to get cocky.   I was thinking, "Today, today is going to be a great day!"

I am the only one at the office, besides Samantha, and she is going down for her nap in my dad's office on the floor with her blankets, and her sleeping bag.    (Although she is only ten feet away from me, she sleeps better there than she does in here next to me.)   I walk her over to her makeshift bed, and tuck her in.  I kiss her on the forehead and remind her not to touch anything in "Grampy's" office while she is napping.

A few minutes later, over the endless tapping of my fingers at the computer I THINK I here a sort of crinkling noise, so I stop my typing and walk over to her and peak in.  She is sitting quietly, eyes closed, hands outside of the blankets.  She opens her eyes, smiles at me and settles back in to sleep.  Ok, I must have heard something.

I walk back to the computer and continue typing.   Not even a minute later I KNOW, I hear a crinkling noise coming from the other office.  It is a soft, and very slow crinkling, the kind of crinkling that lets all moms know that their child is up to no good.  I stand up quietly, sneak over to my dad's office (a feat if I do say so myself, as I am wearing heels), I peak around the corner and Samantha is completely under her blanket head and all using her ninja like skills to try and fool me.

At this point she knows I am there, and she is frozen under her blanket not moving a muscle hoping she can trick me into thinking she is asleep.   I lean over, pull the blanket off and she has...

Not 1.

Not 2.

But 3, pieces of chocolate from my dad's desk, (which she did not thankfully get open).

I am half tempted to laugh, but I can't because I have to reprimand her for stealing chocolate, and tuck her back in bed.  But, let's face it sometimes when your kid does something that adorably wrong it's just funny.

Edit:  When we got home from work as I was preparing dinner Samantha asked if she could have a piece of broccoli off of the plate before dinner was ready.  I told her sure, she could help herself.  I finished chopping the veggies and turned around to find that she had taken ALL the veggies and put them in front of her because she "was just really hungry for trees."

2 comments:

  1. But that is what keeps us from killing them at certain times in their lives! I love moments like these. That is what makes life wonderful! When are kids do things that make us gut laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahahahaha...your girls are the best. I miss you all so much!

    ReplyDelete